September 8, 2017
Hiring a PR firm to increase brand awareness for your bars is a great idea but you cannot afford to go with the first one that you come across – many who have done that have regretted it. There are many PR firms in the UK and although all of them claim that they will do a great job there are those that are less than satisfactory. It is important to know how to go about hiring a PR firm unless you want to throw away your money. Here are some tips to look for:
• Beware of companies that use the bait and switch – they will send in their top guy to recruit you only to hand off your account to an underling who hardly knows what they are doing.
• If a PR firm tells you that they will get you brand awareness let them go – PR is a process that takes several months and sometimes even longer. Companies that promise that your bars will be household names in an instant are only trying to separate you and your money.
• A good PR company will never ask you for ideas on how they can improve your brand visibility – they already have those ideas themselves.
• The only way a PR company will be able to effectively promote your bars is if they have good relations with the media. Find out which media house they work with and how good the working relationships are.
• If you feel that something isn’t right during the initial pitch you should not go ahead – your gut is telling you that you are about to lose money.
• Use a mature PR company – they will cost you more but they do a better job.
One UK PR company that will not let you down is Quite Great! They have been in the business for more than 20 years and they are excellent at branding. You can find out more on their website, http://www.quitegreat.co.uk/.