May 19, 2017
As a project construction manager who is looking for a Cambridge joinery expert you will notice one thing for sure – there are quite a number in the area. That said, you should be very careful about the one that you choose to work for you – if you choose the wrong person you will end up wasting time and money that you cannot afford. To pick the right one you have to know the qualities of a good joinery professional. Here is what you should be looking for:
• You want someone who is used to working on big projects. Although there are many who do joinery in Cambridge not all of them have the capacity to handle large building projects. If you hire one of these your project will end up taking longer than it should.
• You must confirm the quality of their work before you hire them. Ask them to take you to a project or two that they have worked on in the past. If they cannot ask them to show you photos – they usually take photographs so as to market themselves. You should also ask for references. This may seem like overkill but remember how much money you will be spending.
• The last thing you want to do is hire someone who doesn’t have all the right tools. Joinery requires very specific tools so confirm before you hire.
• Never hire someone before they give you a detailed written quote. It should be broken down so you can see what you are paying for. Also, get a written contract in place. This if the joinery doesn’t go as planned you can use all these documents to a lawyer.
• You should compare two or three quotes before you hire so that you can see the going rate. If you find a company is very cheap it could be because they take short cuts.
One joinery company that has been known to do an expert job every time is ALN Carpentry & Joinery. They are very professional and they have the capacity to handle big projects. You can find out more on http://www.alncarpentryandjoinery.com/.